Speech Therapy Job Summary:
We are looking for a part time (2-2.5 days a week) Band 6 or 7 Speech and Language Therapist with experience of working in mainstream primary schools to join our growing team in September 2018. We would like a therapist who also has training and experience in working with children with ASD and complex needs.
West London Speech and Language Therapy is commissioned to provide services into mainstream primary schools across a number of boroughs in West London, as well as to support individual families at home and in our clinic in Shepherd’s Bush. We also offer opportunities for therapists to run after-school groups, workshops and storytelling/singing sessions in nurseries, as well as to be involved in a number of exciting projects to further develop services. West London Speech and Language Therapy is dedicated to providing high quality services to all children, families and schools we work with. We also value and support the therapists in the team, providing a fulfilling work environment.
Our schools service offers provision at universal, targeted and specialist levels into each school with which we work. We are looking for a therapist who has proven experience of working effectively in schools and who is interested in further developing their skills in this area.
• Flexible working hours
• A structured induction programme including observation and shadowing opportunities
• Regular clinical supervision, peer support sessions and team meetings
• A laptop and smart phone
• Access to a range of resources and standardised assessments
• Time to provide child-centred, evidence-based intervention and to work with clients in a range of settings
• A budget to attend training courses to support continuing professional development
Please send a covering email and CV, or contact us for further information.
We are holding some interviews on Wednesday 16th May, and may offer further interviews at the beginning of June.