Speech Therapy Job Summary:
Springboard Speech and Language Ltd. is a well established and respected Independent Speech and Language Therapy company providing services to both private clients and mainstream schools. We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist to join our friendly and growing team in the Portsmouth and Fareham area.
The post is for 18 hours a week (though more hours may be possible) term-time only and is to start in the Autumn 2018 term - ideally in September. This will be to provide input to four mainstream Primary Schools, two with attached nurseries, consisting of providing direct assessments, one-to-one therapy and groups, as well as devising, demonstrating and overseeing programmes provided to school staff. It may also include some training for school staff e.g. on inset days.
We recognise that providing high quality Speech and Language Therapy input can be time and resource intensive and we are committed to enabling all our therapists to maintain high standards of clinical care whether providing direct therapy or skilling up staff to carry out programmes under their supervision. Consequently, we work hard to ensure caseloads are kept manageable within schools and that therapists have sufficient time, as well as access to resources and administrative support, in order to plan and prepare their interventions.
Within this role you will be expected to provide 9 hours a week of direct intervention in schools i.e. seeing individual children, running groups, or liaising with staff and/or parents. You will be paid a total of 18 hours a week to cover the anticipated time for the preparation and administration required for this work as well as the intervention itself.
• A competitive basic salary equivalent to NHS Band 6.
• Term time only * work with flexible working hours.
• A contributory pension scheme.
• Paid holidays.
• Company laptop with paid subscriptions to required software packages.
• Two paid extra days annually (* dates to be agreed – to be held at a weekend or during the school holidays) for training and staff meetings.
• A supportive and experienced team – in most cases there will be another therapist also working in the schools where you will be based.
• Administrative support through our offices in Petersfield and Portsmouth.
• Group and one-to-one supervision.
• Potential for additional hours if wished.
• Potential for career progression.