Speech Therapy Job Summary:
United Rehab Solutions Ltd is a private interdisciplinary practice, working with clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries such as, traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, amputees and complex orthopaedics.
Our office is based in North Wales; however, we cover a wide geographical area – Wales, North West / East, Midlands.
We are looking for a speech and language therapist who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, organised and happy to travel.
Essential - HCPC registered, RSLT registered, car driver
Essential experience - Neuro rehabilitation, Traumatic Brain Injury Adult
Desirable experience – Critical Care, Paediatrics, AAC
Hours – 8hrs a week
Start Date – immediately
Pension – Staging date November 2017
Salary – up to £36,000 Per Annum (pro Rata) based on experience
• To take a role in Speech & Language Therapy (SLT) assessment and management of service users with communication, swallowing disorders, tracheostomy management, maintaining high standards of clinical care and working with in an interdisciplinary team frame work
• To take responsibility for the development and management of SLT service
• Ensure practice is evidence based where possible, using national SLT clinical standards
• To contribute to the interdisciplinary team development as requested by the company Director.
• To offer support to create best practice communicative environments
• Provide specialist management of communication and swallowing disorders for clients with acquired brain injury, neurological disorders and any other clinical diagnosis.
• To ensure accurate documentation of assessment, treatment and outcome measures are maintained
• To initiate and take a lead role in the development of SLT policies, guidelines and service developments
• To lead and undertake research and audit activity within the service at the request of the Director.
• To initiate and take a proactive role in the interdisciplinary team service developments
• Ensure the provision of a high quality SLT service and its place within the interdisciplinary team
• Coordinate the induction and training of all the wider interdisciplinary team members and key stake holders
• Take responsibility for own professional & personal development through performance and development reviews and attending all relevant training regular supervision at an appropriate level
• Ensure that all relevant codes of practice and regulations (MHA1983 & Care Standards 2000) are upheld
• Contribute and adhere to risk management strategies for an individual service users
• To participate in the initial assessment process of the service as requested by the Director
• To participate in outcome measurement and regular review of service delivery
• To comply with all company policies and procedures including Health & Safety and Fire Safety etc.